Saturday 18 July 2015

Without God’s protection, nobody is safe – Buhari

President Muham-madu Buhari on Friday stated that no level of military and police security alertness could be sufficient if God withdraws His shield from mankind.
The president stated that without God’s protection, no one was safe.
Buhari’s religious assertion followed his encounter with a crowd of worshippers many of whom were youths who struggled to get a hold of him at the National Eid Prayer ground in Abuja where he had gone to pray in the early hours of Friday....

Sharing the experience with a delegation of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja residents led by Permanent Secretary of the FCT Ministry, John Chukwu; the National Security Adviser, General Babagaba Monguno (rtd), the Inspector-General of Police, Mr Solomon Arase; among others who were in his residence within the precinct of the Presidential Villa, Abuja to pay him Sallah homage, President Buhari recalled the attempt on the life of former President of United States, Ronald Reagan, saying that only God protects leaders.
Reagan was shot in the chest and in the lower right arm. He suffered a punctured lung and heavy internal bleeding, but prompt medical attention allowed him to recover quickly.
President Buhari thanked the people for coming to pay their homage saying they were privileged as residents of FCT.
“I thank you most sincerely for fulfilling the tradition of greetings for whoever occupies this place. I thank you very much for your loyalty to the country, as represented by our institutions and the system.
“Today, during and immediately after the prayers I think I was bombarded by the youths who almost overwhelmed the security. I had to hold tight to my gown to get to my car. I was advised to enter the car from the ADC’s side and I refused. I went across trying to hold my hand to the wild youths who wanted to see me.
“On an occasion like this, it shows that after what happened to President Ronald Reagan of the USA, it is only God Almighty that protects leaders, because in a mob like this, anybody with a sharp knife can get access and do a lot of damage.
“So all the policemen that were deployed and soldiers since six o’ clock in the morning before I came out two hours later in the rains, could not protect but only God protects. I hope God will continue to protect us.
“Please convey my thanks and happy Sallah to all your families and relatives back home and I congratulate you for the privilege you have which is that as residents of the FCT, you have the privilege to come and meet me and shake hands with me and take picture with me. Other Nigerians are envious of you if you don’t know it”, the President said smiling.
vanguardngr

No comments:

Post a Comment