Thursday 18 June 2015

71-yr-old man slaughters wife in A’Ibom (Graphic)

A 71-year-old man, Ita Daniel was yesterday paraded by the police in Akwa Ibom State along with other criminals, for slaughtering his wife with a machete....viewers discretion

 It was gathered that Daniel, who hails from Mbi Okporo village in Nsit-Ibium Local Government of the state, was said to have killed his wife, Mrs. Alice Daniel, 60, over acts of infidelity. Briefing newsmen to highlight major breakthrough recorded by the police on Tuesday, the Assistant Commissioner of Police, ACP, in-charge of state Criminal Investigation Department, Mike Okoli said the suspect had confessed to the crime and would soon be arraigned in court. He said the police also arrested a 19-year-old boy, Daniel Edet, for allegedly killing his aunt, Glory Edet Ebere, 44.
 According to Okoli, Edet, a student of Uduak Obom Comprehensive Secondary School, was living with his late aunt but left her unceremoniously to an unknown destination. The ACP said the suspect later came back to her aunt on June 11 to seek for accommodation, but on her refusal he strangled her to death, collected her car key and left the dead body in the room which he securely locked.
He was later said to have returned to the house with a friend identified as Effiong James, cooked and slept in the room with the decomposed body; but luck ran out of the two suspects when they were making arrangement to remove the decomposed body after arranging for an ambulance. Speaking to journalists, Edet said he did it out of greed. ‘’I don’t know what actually led me into killing my aunty; I think it is out of greed,” he said. But the 71 year old Daniel told newsmen that his wife left her several years ago but was coming to the house with other men. “We are no longer together but she was still carrying men to my house; and when I complained she will beat me. There was a day we had a disagreement and fight ensued and I injured my legs. That fateful day I was sleeping in the room when she came and said she would either kill me or I kill her; that is how it happened,” he explained. The three suspects would soon be charged to court.
nigerianpilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment