Thursday 18 June 2015

Emmanuel Adebayor dropped as captain of Togolese national team

Togolese international and Tottenham striker, Emmanuel Adebayor who last weekend help his national team secured a win over Liberia in the Africa Cup Nations qualifier match has been stripped off his captaincy role for the team. Despite netting for his team...


The striker has this to say about his future with the Togolese national team and is not sure he will play a role in their next match in September.

‘For now, I don’t know if I’ll play in September – I’ll be here and I’ll talk with the coach. I need to know whether he really needs me in the team or not. I have been the captain for seven or eight years and then one morning I’m told I won’t be the captain – that means that we can go to Djibouti and he will put me in the stands.” he said

Could his family issues be an influence of his captaincy role been stripped of as his club has given him some time to sort himself out
sportsworldghana.

No comments:

Post a Comment