Saturday 11 July 2015

Understanding The Fatherhood Of God (2)

When you get born-again, you become a child of God by right that Jesus gives. The Greek word translated “right” is ‘exousia’ – authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength. ‘Exousia’ is the liberty and right to use power. Jesus gave those who believed in him the ‘exousia’ to become the child of God – he gave them the liberty and right to be saved – not forced to be saved...


No person can become a child of God bypassing Jesus. Jesus Christ said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (John 14:6 NLT). He also said, “I am the gate …” And that is the entrance or door you pass through to reach God. (John 10:9). Jesus is the entrance to the Kingdom of God. And those who believe in Jesus are given the right to be called.

The Book of John 1:13 shows that becoming a son of God “is not a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan.” That means not out of a decision of a man and a woman or husband and wife but that of God. If it were a decision based on your parents’ decision, you would be the child of your parents. But we are the children of God not by any other decision but by the right that Jesus conferred on us.

Jesus first enjoyed Fatherhood and later introduced us into this relationship with God. You may know that God is the Creator of the heaven and the earth but do you see God as your Father? There is a dimension of God many, including several born again children of God, are not yet enjoying – the Fatherhood of God, which was a priority in Jesus’ teaching.

For instance, when Jesus was teaching his disciples what is popularly called “The Lord’s Prayer”, he didn’t start by saying, “God, our Maker, the Almighty” He said, “Our Father, who art in heaven…” And if you read through the Bible, particularly, the Book of John, you’ll discover that, more than anything else, Jesus wanted everyone to understand and enjoy the Fatherhood experience.

The Holy Spirit wants you to understand this very important aspect of God. There is the dimension of God being our Father; it transcends just knowing Him as the omnipotent, the omniscient and the omnipresent. Yes, it is good to know all that about the qualities of God but God wants you to be able to relate with Him as your Father who is in heaven.

I hope you were blessed reading this message today. God’s desire is that you become His child. If you’ve given your life to Jesus, you need to understand God’s responsibility to you as your Father and your responsibility to Him as His child. These we shall be looking at in subsequent editions of this series. If you’re not yet a child of God, you should make this decision now.

 Take Action

If you’re not born again, I invite you to take the following steps:*Admit you’re a sinner and you can’t save yourself; repent and confess your sins. *Confess Jesus as your Lord and Saviour. *Renounce your past way of life – your relationship with the devil and his works. *Invite Jesus into your life. *As a mark of seriousness to mature in the faith, start to attend a Bible-believing and Bible-teaching church. There you will be taught how to grow in the Kingdom of God.

Kindly say this prayer now: “O Lord God, I come unto you today. I know I am a sinner and I cannot save myself. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God who died on the cross to save me and resurrected the third day. I repent and confess my sins. I confess Jesus as my Lord and Saviour and surrender my life to him today. I invite Jesus into my heart today. By this prayer, I know I am saved. Thank you Jesus for saving me and making me a child of God.”

I believe you’ve said this prayer from your heart. Congratulations! You’ll need to join a Bible believing, Bible teaching church in your area where you’ll be taught how to live your new life in Christ Jesus. I pray that you flourish like the palm tree and grow like the cedar of Lebanon. May you grow into Christ in all things becoming all God wants you to be. I’ll be glad to hear from you. Remain blessed.
Pastor T. O. Banso
leadership.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment